Mike Nicholls is an Entrepreneur, Inventor and Technologist. 30 yrs + business experience in Sales & Marketing, CEO & MD of 4 companies with practical experience across a range of industries.
Mike helps a lot of startups, researchers and entrepreneurs in the Australian startup and research ecosystem and is the fund expert at helping startups generate their early customer leads and opportunities.
- INCUBATE Startup Program - Mentor/Advisor since Inception, Selection Panel Member, EIR 2015-17, also runs workshops on sales, marketing and venture capital
- UNSW Peter Farrell Cup - Student Mentor & Judge - One of the biggest University startup competitions in Australia. I have been alternatively on the judging panel and/or a mentor at each of the sessions and events for the last few years
- CSIRO ON Accelerator - Startup Mentor & Selection Panel Member for the CSIRO ON Startup programs from inception
- Cicada MedLab Mentor - Medlab runs an accelerator every year, most recently I have helped out with the selection panel/interviews.
- UNSW Founders - Mentor I have been associated with the UNSW Entrepreneurs program for 5+ years, running workshops or casually mentoring. Over the last 18 months I have taken a more active role coming out for all day sessions coaching the Founder 10x and George Institute teams
- The University of Technology Sydney UTS Startups - Mentor
- CyRise Security Accelerator - Mentor
- Founders Institute - Mentor (past)
- Telstra - ICT Industry Advisory Board Member (past)
Mike leads the Health and Decarb challenges for the fund and is interested in semiconductors, opticals, AI, renewable energy, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular or brain disease. He also is obsessed with learning and teaching how to get better at sales, marketing and scaling your business.